To understand the challenges and opportunities associated with digitalization, MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte surveyed more than 3,700 business executives, managers, and analysts from organizations around the world. They have recently published their findings in a report, titled “Aligning the Organization for Its Digital Future“. Some key outcomes (quoted and depicted in an infographic) as well […]
Tag Archives | Technology
Recently, Match-Maker Ventures and Arthur D. Little have released an interesting report, titled “The Age of Collaboration“. The study does a good job in synthesizing the global state of play of corporate-startup collaboration and latest findings on success requirements for its implementation. More and more corporations seek to engage with startups by pursuing corresponding activities across dedicated ecosystems and incorporating them […]
In previous posts, I have shared my view on important cornerstones for successful innovation management systems. As pointed out several times, balanced and up-to-date innovation management requires organizational ambidexterity, i.e. the capability to explore novel offerings and capabilities while simultaneously exploiting existing ones. In the following, I would like to summarize and complement these thoughts by suggesting an innovation management model that may help organizations to innovate more […]
As we have suggested earlier, innovation activities that are radical or disruptive in nature, should be separated from incremental innovation around a company’s established core business. The main reasons are: Required capabilities, structures, approaches, success metrics and culture for radical/disruptive innovation are highly incompatible with those required for incremental innovation. Radical/disruptive innovation activities need full-time resources to get executed properly and time-efficiently. However, separation is a […]
Tim Kastelle wrote a post on “Staying Innovative While Growing”. I fully concur with his conclusion: “But it’s another innovation paradox – the small firms that might be most innovative often don’t have the market clout to get their ideas to diffuse. The firms that are big enough to get ideas to spread might not […]
- A Model for Integrative Innovation Management March 21, 2016
- Integrative Innovation February 19, 2013
- Innovation and Organizational Culture February 14, 2015
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity May 29, 2013
- Innovation and Serendipity May 23, 2013
- Integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking February 1, 2014
- The Firm of the Future Will Manage Two Types of Businesses January 20, 2017
- Leveraging New Ventures for Innovation July 21, 2014
- Managing Innovation Portfolios – Part 1: Strategic Portfolio Management September 21, 2013
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity – Part 2 August 12, 2013
- Bart Doorneweert: Thanks for the reply Ralph! Looking forward to tho...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thanks for stopping by, Bart! The innovation mod...
- Bart Doorneweert: Hi Ralph, Interesting to suggest the 3 types of...
- Wellington Manjengwa: This is one great and detailed post! I really had ...
- Chasms, Criteria and Innovation – Innovation Excellence: […] The projects looking to support today’...
- Startup Engagement in Corporate Innovation by R. Ohr | NextStart: […] and more corporations seek to engage wi...
- Henry: Alternatively, as someone who works with new start...
- Henry: I work for a pretty small but rapidly growing agen...
- Henry: Explorers outperform exploiters in the long run. ...
- Henry: So true. I actually work in a tech start-up that ...
- Only a small % of companies translate #digital investment into financial performance - why? Boldly Going Digital… https://t.co/lsaFHsjW2E 9 hours ago
- Interesting research: Platforms, Open/User #Innovation and Ecosystems: A Strategic #Leadership Perspective https://t.co/MI0n5kjHvs #strategy 10 hours ago
- "The only real difference btw innovation mgmt and change mgmt, is the intention that lies behind these approaches." https://t.co/mCGGIuoD86 16 hours ago
- RT @haydn1701: By cultivating its #ecosystem, did #Airbnb just show #Uber how to run a platform? #innovation https://t.co/0TTJm6cKDC #innov… 2 days ago retweeted via haydn1701
- New part in the series: The #Innovation Funding Board Process in Action https://t.co/UyRQQXAXb5 2 days ago
Recommended Blogs and Sites
- The Discipline of Innovation
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger
- The Corporate Innovation Blog
- Innovate on Purpose
- Paul4innovating's Blog
- Game Changer
- Innovation Observer
- It's Saul Connected
- Sonnez en cas d’absence
- Innovation Excellence
- Innovation Fixer
- Innovation Management
- Steve Blank
- Yes & Know
- MIT Technology Review
- Strategyzer Blog
- Andrew Hargadon
- Working Knowledge
- HBR Blog Network
- MIT Sloan Management Review
- ISEIC Blog
- Business Model Innovation
- I'm Not Actually a Geek
- Startup Lessons Learned
- Ash Maurya - Practice Trumps Theory
- Harold Jarche
- Rapid Innovation in Digital Time
- Business Model Innovation
- Unconventional Wisdom
- Inknowaktion (german / deutsch)