This is part two of a three-parts article co-written with innovation-3‘s Frank Mattes. In the first part we worked out why successful firms need to balance radical and incremental innovation. We introduced the concept of organizational ambidexterity as an appropriate way for simultaneously conducting exploration and exploitation, the two paradigms behind radical and incremental innovation. This second […]
Tag Archives | Radical Innovation
Among others, Tim Kastelle (here and here) and Paul Hobcraft (here and here) have recently highlighted the increasing importance of business model innovation. A newly published report from the IBM Institute for Business Value confirms this point, the need for balanced innovation portfolios and some other key issues being outlined in a previous post. I’d like to summarize the main results […]
This is part one of a three-parts article co-written with innovation-3‘s Frank Mattes. Organizational ambidexterity is becoming a key factor for success in many industries. With a proper ambidextrous set-up, firms can optimally balance radical and incremental innovation. In this article, we are showing the need for organizational ambidexterity, introduce the concept, show how it […]
In a previous post, I have pointed out the importance of diversity for innovation and organizational adaptability. Diversity is a crucial precursor to serendipity. In the Power of Pull, John Hagel, John Seely Brown and Lang Davison emphasize the rising need for serendipity: We need to find ways to attract relevant innovators and edge participants […]
In one of my previous posts I discussed the crucial distinction between need and solution. Innovation is about matching these two components – i.e. solving a customer problem (desirability) through a viable business model, leveraging feasible products and services – in a novel way. It’s important to note that solutions are not represented by products […]
- Scaling-Up: Crossing the Internal Chasm in Corporate Innovation
- Modern Dual Corporate Innovation Balances Defense with Offense
- Bad Innovation Systems Beat Good Innovators (Almost) Every Time
- Aligning Organizations for Digital Transformation
- SCALING UP in Corporate Settings: First Achievements and Outlook
- A Model for Integrative Innovation Management March 21, 2016
- Integrative Innovation February 19, 2013
- Innovation and Organizational Culture February 14, 2015
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity May 29, 2013
- Innovation and Serendipity May 23, 2013
- The Firm of the Future Will Manage Two Types of Businesses January 20, 2017
- Bad Innovation Systems Beat Good Innovators (Almost) Every Time March 26, 2017
- Integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking February 1, 2014
- Leveraging New Ventures for Innovation July 21, 2014
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity – Part 2 August 12, 2013
- Digile Ltd: When we did the innovation model before, scaling i...
- Learn from Corporate #Innovation Executive Lena Danielsson at The Absolut Company - Liselotte Engstam: […] Blogpost by Ralph-Christian Ohr, Integra...
- Learn from Corporate #Innovation Executive Lena Danielsson at The Absolut Company - Digoshen: […] Blogpost by Ralph-Christian Ohr, Integra...
- Firoz Shroff: Gentlemen, Grateful to all of you for sharing th...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thanks for your Feedback and in-depth comment, Dav...
- David Johnston: Ralph: Really good stuff -- thanks for putting ...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thank you, Wellington - good to hear you like the ...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: We could certainly also put it this way, Simon :-)...
- Wellington Manjengwa: This is another great post! Couldn't agree more t...
- Simon Hobson: I suspect the phrase should be "Bad Innovation Sy...
- Interesting: Likelihood for startups to get acquired at any stage https://t.co/TiBzuejcBp #innovation #strategy 1 hour ago
- Good post from @ttunguz: Bias Against #Creativity https://t.co/thdvhbk3Qa #innovation 2 days ago
- As always: it depends... #innovation https://t.co/cElR3QL4qb 3 days ago
- RT @marksstorm: It’s Not a Problem to Solve. It’s a Polarity to Manage. @LexSisney HT @timkastelle https://t.co/sy4qHoxopJ https://t.co/aNK… 3 days ago retweeted via marksstorm
- RT @DemingInstitute: Bad Innovation Systems Beat Good Innovators (Almost) Every Time https://t.co/59bs3BmgQt #Deming #innovation #organizat… 4 days ago retweeted via DemingInstitute
Recommended Blogs and Sites
- The Discipline of Innovation
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger
- The Corporate Innovation Blog
- Innovate on Purpose
- Paul4innovating's Blog
- Game Changer
- Innovation Observer
- It's Saul Connected
- Sonnez en cas d’absence
- Innovation Excellence
- Innovation Fixer
- Innovation Management
- Steve Blank
- Yes & Know
- MIT Technology Review
- Strategyzer Blog
- Andrew Hargadon
- Working Knowledge
- HBR Blog Network
- MIT Sloan Management Review
- ISEIC Blog
- Business Model Innovation
- I'm Not Actually a Geek
- Startup Lessons Learned
- Ash Maurya - Practice Trumps Theory
- Harold Jarche
- Rapid Innovation in Digital Time
- Business Model Innovation
- Unconventional Wisdom
- Inknowaktion (german / deutsch)