This article was co-written with Frank Mattes. As published in a recent post, we have initiated a Peer Group of leading European companies which share our view that Best Practices with respect to scaling up validated concepts (successfully emerging from the “Fuzzy Front End”) to business impact need to be in place to sustainably […]
Tag Archives | Human Resources
W. Edwards Deming once famously stated: A bad system will beat a good person every time. What was Deming trying to convey with this quote? It wasn’t an attempt to get people to give up trying because failure was certain. It was an attempt to get people to understand the importance of the system and […]
In a previous post, I have pointed out the importance of diversity for innovation and organizational adaptability. Diversity is a crucial precursor to serendipity. In the Power of Pull, John Hagel, John Seely Brown and Lang Davison emphasize the rising need for serendipity: We need to find ways to attract relevant innovators and edge participants […]
Some people I’ve been collaborating with have recently encouraged me to open up an own blog. After having given it some thought, I decided to do so. I’m launching a new site and platform titled “Integrative Innovation” to share ideas and perspectives on innovation. You might ask: why “Integrative Innovation”? Is this yet another buzzword? I don’t think so. I rather […]
Tomorrow’s management systems will need to value diversity, dissent and divergence as highly as conformance, consensus and cohesion. A while ago, I came across this tweet by Gary Hamel. It reflects well the fact that businesses range in increasingly dynamic and complex environments, imposing accelerated and mostly unforeseeable change. The most promising way for organizations […]
One of my main interests is looking at the intersection of organizational and human capabilities. Business is accomplished through people, thus individual mindset, behavior and capabilities determine organizational performance. When it comes to innovation, a recently published research paper, titled ‘The Bias Against Creativity’ serves as a good example. The findings indicate a paradox that […]
- A Model for Integrative Innovation Management March 21, 2016
- Integrative Innovation February 19, 2013
- Innovation and Organizational Culture February 14, 2015
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity May 29, 2013
- Innovation and Serendipity May 23, 2013
- The Firm of the Future Will Manage Two Types of Businesses January 20, 2017
- Bad Innovation Systems Beat Good Innovators (Almost) Every Time March 26, 2017
- Integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking February 1, 2014
- Leveraging New Ventures for Innovation July 21, 2014
- Organizational Pathways to Business Model Innovation March 9, 2018
- Bruce Starcher: Ralph, First let me say that this is a great ar...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thanks a bunch, Saul - it's good to hear you shar...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thanks for the comment, Bruce - a couple of remark...
- Bruce Starcher: Sorry to say this but this is overly simplistic an...
- Inovando o seu Modelos de Negócios – Blog do Nei: […] Organizational Pathways to Business Mode...
- Saul Kaplan /sessionWorkflow/basketWorkflow/basketSelection/paymentAccountSelection/selectedAccount/paymentMethod/providerType: Bravo Ralph. Clearly we have been on similar journ...
- Didier Lebouc: I have always doubts about measuring something whi...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thanks Paul. Indeed, I think the concept delineate...
- Paul Hobcraft: Hi Ralph / Frank, Sounds like this "Areas of ...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thank you Russell!...
- #Blockchain Is Making Its Way Into The #Energy Industry https://t.co/lY3yUPZjkZ #innovation #technology 5 hours ago
- RT @eugeneivanov101: Better employee treatment positively influences corporate #innovation. https://t.co/40fbqvKU8U 5 hours ago retweeted via eugeneivanov101
- RT @team_iot: S #IoT, #DataSecurity, #Cloud, #Cibersecurity, #BigData, #Analytics, #InternetofThings, #SmartCities, #AI,#SmartHome,#Digital… 6 hours ago retweeted via team_iot
- RT @TreehouseInnov: Organizational Pathways to Business Model #Innovation | Integrative Innovation https://t.co/tBJfGCZvfs 6 hours ago retweeted via TreehouseInnov
- RT @davidjmaireles: Corp-Up encompasses a broad field, but an essential difference to other vehicles lies in the focus to create business i… 6 hours ago retweeted via davidjmaireles