There is a lot of dicussion around how customer orientation effects innovation. The most extreme assertion is to “ignore the customer” in order to not becoming distracted from true innovativeness by getting too close to customers, limiting innovation to incremental new offerings. A research paper by V. Govindarajan, P. K. Kopalle and E. Danneels studies the effects of customer […]
Tag Archives | Customer-driven Innovation
The resonance to my recent post on integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking features to a combined process has been stunning. It really seems to have hit a nerve! Interestingly, it looks like others support the idea of balancing and combining elements of both innovation approaches, too. A couple of days after having had published my post, Paolo Lorenzoni from IDEO confirmed the complementary nature […]
Both Lean Startup and Design Thinking are promising approaches in order to target innovation. The Lean Startup concept is an appropriate choice for creating new businesses through development of an already existing idea or vision. Design thinking, on the other hand, might be preferred if the right business idea has not been found yet and customer needs or problems are still vague. Therefore, […]
- A Model for Integrative Innovation Management March 21, 2016
- Integrative Innovation February 19, 2013
- Innovation and Organizational Culture February 14, 2015
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity May 29, 2013
- Innovation and Serendipity May 23, 2013
- Integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking February 1, 2014
- The Firm of the Future Will Manage Two Types of Businesses January 20, 2017
- Leveraging New Ventures for Innovation July 21, 2014
- Managing Innovation Portfolios – Part 1: Strategic Portfolio Management September 21, 2013
- Balancing Innovation via Organizational Ambidexterity – Part 2 August 12, 2013
- Bart Doorneweert: Thanks for the reply Ralph! Looking forward to tho...
- Ralph-Christian Ohr: Thanks for stopping by, Bart! The innovation mod...
- Bart Doorneweert: Hi Ralph, Interesting to suggest the 3 types of...
- Wellington Manjengwa: This is one great and detailed post! I really had ...
- Chasms, Criteria and Innovation – Innovation Excellence: […] The projects looking to support today’...
- Startup Engagement in Corporate Innovation by R. Ohr | NextStart: […] and more corporations seek to engage wi...
- Henry: Alternatively, as someone who works with new start...
- Henry: I work for a pretty small but rapidly growing agen...
- Henry: Explorers outperform exploiters in the long run. ...
- Henry: So true. I actually work in a tech start-up that ...
- Only a small % of companies translate #digital investment into financial performance - why? Boldly Going Digital… https://t.co/lsaFHsjW2E 9 hours ago
- Interesting research: Platforms, Open/User #Innovation and Ecosystems: A Strategic #Leadership Perspective https://t.co/MI0n5kjHvs #strategy 10 hours ago
- "The only real difference btw innovation mgmt and change mgmt, is the intention that lies behind these approaches." https://t.co/mCGGIuoD86 17 hours ago
- RT @haydn1701: By cultivating its #ecosystem, did #Airbnb just show #Uber how to run a platform? #innovation https://t.co/0TTJm6cKDC #innov… 2 days ago retweeted via haydn1701
- New part in the series: The #Innovation Funding Board Process in Action https://t.co/UyRQQXAXb5 2 days ago
Recommended Blogs and Sites
- The Discipline of Innovation
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger
- The Corporate Innovation Blog
- Innovate on Purpose
- Paul4innovating's Blog
- Game Changer
- Innovation Observer
- It's Saul Connected
- Sonnez en cas d’absence
- Innovation Excellence
- Innovation Fixer
- Innovation Management
- Steve Blank
- Yes & Know
- MIT Technology Review
- Strategyzer Blog
- Andrew Hargadon
- Working Knowledge
- HBR Blog Network
- MIT Sloan Management Review
- ISEIC Blog
- Business Model Innovation
- I'm Not Actually a Geek
- Startup Lessons Learned
- Ash Maurya - Practice Trumps Theory
- Harold Jarche
- Rapid Innovation in Digital Time
- Business Model Innovation
- Unconventional Wisdom
- Inknowaktion (german / deutsch)